What is Product Information Management - PIM ?
PIM – Product information management system is a tool for handling the entire product information needed for development to production and marketing to selling of the products in large amount.
What is the role of Product Information Management in business ?
Product Information Management system keeps the data in a centralized place accessible to all departments. It manages the data, acquired from various sources and in various formats and supplies the relevant data for the distribution channels. It assures for the consistency and accuracy of the product information.
How does Product Information Management system work?
Product Information Management system gathers the product information from various sources like supplier data, SKU data, ERP and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) data. It consolidates the data from various sources and in various formats and provides the product information in an enriched form to the distribution channels.
How is Product Information Management useful for production?
Product information management system facilitates great flexibility to update both internal information – gathered and external information given to the distribution channels at any time and at any stage.
How does Product Information Management help the business?
Product Information Management helps the company by streamlining the path of the product manufacture – right from the development stage to selling stage.
Product Information Management – process with the information collected from the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) which is also one of the information sources of PIM
Product Information Management (PIM) – for the production process and allows simultaneous processes with the centralized data.
Product information Management – among the departments and easy update of data, which in turn makes one department’s task not to wait for another department task to finish. Thus, these all makes speed production.
Product Information Management System – maintenance of product information of any kind and of any size. This will enhance the product description to be very clear, with all specifications, all necessary contents such as images, videos, catalogs, or data sheets of the products.
Product information Management system – at all times for the customer.As the buyer gets the full information of the products quickly, he compares the prices and makes buying decision quickly.
Product Information Management System – gets the raw data of product and will make it in enriched and easily accessible form for the customer. It makes the customer attracted with the products and a kind of impulsive buying is accelerated.
PIM – Product Information Management allows the business to do multi- channel marketing and provides uniform data format accessible for all channels. So that the buyer using any channel, will get the product information without any changes.
Product Information Management System gets data from various sources not only the product information but also the customer insights, demographic data, it allows the business to target the right customer with right product at right time.
PIM – Product Information Management handles all kind of product information including the sales history of product along with customer details. With this readily available and accessible product information, the business can quickly make specific price list or catalogs according to the shopping behavior of the specific customer.
How does Product Information Management help the consumers?
- Product Information Management gives the consumer the full details of the product such as price, availability, descriptions.
- Product Information Management maintains the previous product sale history of the specific consumer and it helps the consumer to get the details of the products as per his /her wish.
Why every business should have Product Information Management?
- Product Information Management streamlines the production process, provides clear workflows and increases the production speed.
- Product Information Management always gives consistent and accurate information at all times to all works involved right from the production to the distribution.
- Product Information Management helps business to showcase the effective and attractive product descriptions.
- Product Information Management helps business to do target marketing and multichannel marketing.
What will happen if there is no Product Information Management system?
- There will be no centralized product information and every department have to wait for another department which will lead a lack of production speed.
- The accuracy of Product Information Management will be less.
- The product information gathered from various locations will be in various formats and leads difficulty in accessing the product information in effective manner.